Wednesday, May 02, 2007

May B it

It's going to be fun attempting to transform the 200 block of N. Washington St. into a happening place. A man can dream. To dream, perchance to nap each afternoon.

I might be able to accomplish all of these in my office down the street, on the second floor of the Newell House building (Suite 2B, opened only a couple weeks before Greyhound barked up my tree). From what I hear, the Newell House building is going to get a facelift. (Bening Square to you old-timers, but the original name was Newell Hotel, I think). Dan Terry (who owns the building) also bought the former Herald Printing building and has been renovating it for events and art shows. It would be cool if he could put apartments above the restaurant.

I decided to add the bus gig to my plate because Marshall McLuhan included transportation as media, and the business is steady, so eventually my investment will pay off.

By end of the month, I'll hire someone else to do the day-to-day business, so I can focus on selling local art, finishing my blook and developing one or two additional projects, the most immediate being Bike 2 Work Day, coming up on May 17.

By the end of the month, I'll stop publishing to this blog, too.

No comments: